There are some Trollbeads which are iconic for most collectors, either because of their rarity, design or for some other quality which makes them sought-after and desirable. Most are rare, limited edition or retired. Here are a selection of my favourite iconic beads, locks and kits; the only one which you can still buy off the shelf today is Faces.
I have tried to include the most truly iconic, famous and desirable beads, which most collectors would agree on and which have stood the test of time, rather than including beads which are popular on a more transient basis, such as some of the recent popular OOAK critters.
Please note this is my personal choice!
My absolute faves in no particular order:
ABOVE 5. (Old) Earth (aka Wild Earth), release date unknown, probably around 2003, but certainly after 2001 when glass beads were introduced to the line. Photo by Trollbeads Gallery. Please do not reproduce.
1: Limited Edition Anniversary Bracelet, released 2006.
2: Tibet Kit, released 2006, retired 2007.
3. Limited Edition Royal Wedding bead (gold), 2003.
4. Chess Lock, never formally released for sale.
5. Greyhound Lock. Released 2002, retired 2005.
6: “Tulip” Lock aka Double-ended Lock, tbm 063, released and retired 2005. Only one batch made.
7. Joyful (definitely once iconic, perhaps no longer so, because it is no longer rare having been re-released). Released 1998-2006. Re-released 2012 as an LE, but is still widely available in 2014.
8. Red Armadillo, released 2004-6.
9. (Old) Clover, released and retired 2001.
Also highly desirable:
1. Many early and rare silvers; difficult to name them all!
2. Many early and rare glass beads; ditto.
3. Buggy amber OOAKs.
ABOVE: Photo of a fantastic buggy amber by Paula. Please do not reproduce.
4. Limited Edition German Clover, released 2008.
5. Longevity OOAKs (although they are starting to re-release them in 2014).
6. Lots of other old and rare OOAKs – such as Fish, Conch, Running Man, Ohm and so on!! A few photos are below.